Working within a busy Air & Ocean department – to work within a team to receive bookings from agents / customers alike, to complete all ocean import requirements including customs clearance, duty/vat and all other processes involved.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Receiving bookings from customers / agents.
- Raising files within Rhenus software system.
- Preparation of clearance instructions.
- Speaking to shipping lines / carriers.
- Checking vessel arrival dates.
- Maintaining customer spreadsheets where required.
- Ensuring correct documentation is presented / obtained.
- Raising invoices to customers / agents.
- Raising duty / vat invoices.
- File queries.
- Experience in Ocean Import processes is essential
- Experience of Customs procedures, including Duty/Vat process is required,
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Salary is negotiable
Rhenus Logistics UK are looking to recruit a Sea Freight Team Leader for our busy Cannock operation in Staffordshire. Located within our Air & Ocean department the successful applicant will be handling all aspects of Sea Freight shipments by managing a team of 3 personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sea Freight operations
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods an advantage but not essential
- Experience with supervising a team of staff
- Excellent communication / organizational skills
- Ability to produce reports and to report into the Air & Ocean Manager
- Be able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to work under own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to work and be adaptable
- Experienced in compiling quotations
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The smooth handling of Export and Import Sea Freight shipments
- Completing or overseeing the completion of Customs Entries
- Communication with UK Customers and Overseas Partners/Offices
- Booking, tracking and updating of shipment milestones to relevant parties
- Financial responsibility at file level / department level to include raising of sales invoices and passing of purchase invoices in accordance with Company financial guidelines
- Compiling quotations, entering into CRM system and making timely follow ups
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be a team player whilst also being able to work under their own initiative.
You must have excellent organization skills with a high level of attention to detail and have a flexible approach to work.
Package details on application.
Senior Customs Declarant
Rhenus Logistics UK are looking to recruit a Senior Customs Declarant to join our teams in Manchester. The successful applicant will work as part of a team with Customs Declarants to submit and process customs entries and ensuring that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods on Air, Sea and Road shipments. You will act between the customer and Customs and act as a point of reference and answer queries and support Junior Customs Declarants. You will determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of clients.
Customs Declarant to submit and process customs entries and ensuring that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods on Air, Sea and Road shipments. Act between the Customer and Customs, support Junior Customs Declarants. Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of clients.
- Prepare and process import, export, NCTS - transit and excise customs entries according to Customs regulations, laws, or procedures using our Customs software ASM Sequoia.
- Monitor pending clearances.
- Train Junior Customs Declarant.
- Ensure all shipment paperwork received is reviewed and all documentation has been provided to ensure Customs clearances are compliant in accordance with Customs and Rhenus regulations.
- Classify goods according to UK Customs tariff.
- Deal with general enquiries from customers concerning all areas relating to customs procedures, i.e. tariff classifications, duty rates, license and any other documentation requirements.
- Process of duty and tax refund requests.
- Ensure proper use of deferment accounts.
- Prepare and process sales invoices / purchase invoices as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of customs legislation, political/commercial documentation and the HMRC tariff.
- Ensure all customs activities meet AEO Customs requirements and trade compliance.
Click here to view the full job specification, including job skills, experience and competencies needed.
Rhenus Logistics UK is looking for a new management accountant to join our head office team in Manchester. The successful applicant will report to Rhenus UK's finance manager. You can view the full job specification, including job skills, experience and competencies needed by clicking here.