Rhenus Data Office founded the joint venture known as Rhenus Fecomp together with the entrepreneur Harald Feld on 23 March. The company is able to offer remarketing services with immediate effect. Rhenus Data Office, which not only provides core skills in the fields of file and data storage media destruction, but also logistical value-added services, has a 51 percent majority shareholding in the new company, while Harald Feld holds the remaining 49 percent of the shares.
Rhenus Fecomp’s portfolio includes enhancing and remarketing IT assets for the B2B and B2C markets. The company has further expertise in remarketing second-hand office furniture and processing old electrical items for recycling. This range of services is completed by the professional dismantling of communications and information technology Equipment.
"Harald Feld and his company Fecomp have already successfully cooperated with us as a service provider and sales partner in the past. Fecomp has a huge amount of experience in remarketing IT equipment. This will enable us in future to not only highlight an enhanced value-added chain for our customers, but also offer significantly more efficient recycling processes that make both economic sense and save resources," says Michael Wiegmann, Managing Director of Rhenus Data Office, providing the reasons for the cooperation Arrangement.
"We decided to set up a joint company, as the Rhenus Group with its extensive network of business sites and its expertise in document logistics and data protection wholeheartedly reassured us," said Harald Feld.
The headquarters of the new company is located in Thuine in the German state of Lower Saxony. The operational site for remarketing will be based there in future too.
About Rhenus Office Systems
Rhenus Office Systems GmbH offers systems services for national and international document logistics: ranging from incoming mail to digitalisation and archiving and even data destruction and making available specialist personnel. Rhenus Office Systems accompanies its customers’ physical and digital information in an all-embracing manner and supports them as they implement their digital strategy. The Rhenus Group is a logistics specialist with global operations and generates annual turnover of EUR 4.8 billion. Rhenus employs more than 28,000 people at over 580 business sites.
Press contact details for the Rhenus Group
Medienbüro am Reichstag GmbH
Phone: +49 30 30 87 29 93
Fax: +49 30 30 87 29 95
Pirâmide Sea Air Comércio Exterior Ltda.
Tel: +55 11 2101 5454
Fax: +55 11 3813 1526
Rua Joaquim Floriano 960 5. Andar
04534-004 São Paulo SP